Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Deborah Factor

This Sunday I begin a three-part series on some specific topics that I believe are very important to the health of our church. I have entitled the series “www.newharvest.now.” Each of these topics are separate and the only connection is they all begin with “w.” I will only tell you about the first. You could begin with this statement, “Women want to be treated as equals not sequels.” Or how about this statement, “Cosmetics is a boon to every woman, but a girl’s best friend is still a near-sighted man.” I am not sure that is a compliment, I just thought it was funny. Or this statement from Will Rogers, “There is two theories to arguing with a woman, neither one works.” “Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.” Margaret Thatcher said, “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” That’s a good lead-in to our message this Sunday, found in Judges 4. The title of the message, “The Deborah Factor.” I hope you will make your way to New Harvest at 9 or 10:45 am this Sunday, November 9th.

Just a personal note of gratefulness for my trip to Southern California. I enjoyed a few days with both of my daughters. There was a swim meet, a dinner date, great conversations and a lot of laughs. The Lord is blessing Karissa and Hannah in their educational pursuits. I am proud of them.

This has been a busy week as planning begins for ministry during the holidays. We have Thanksgiving Boxes, Angel Tree gifts, a Christmas Special, Children’s Choir, extra music, Women’s Brunch and more. It is going to be a wonderful holiday season as we thank God for his goodness to us and celebrate the coming of the Lord through the Christmas story.

No comments: